Search Every Day Life

Saturday 2 February 2008

Techno Blues: Struggling with Windows

ON THE DOWNSIDE
Finally got my new PC to understand how to collect my emails (It was my fault- In Outlook Express I'd put in the SpamPal port to go through, but I never thought to actually download and install SpamPal). Still struggling to figure out why the Windows ME machine won't go on-line, even though its recognising the router via Wi-Fi. Daughter got her XP PC to connect Wi-Fi last night via the router, but today it doesn't want to know. I feel very frustrated. You're kind of reading bits of "HELP" that lead you down blind alleys. When I finally get it sorted it will be more down to extremely good luck than following any specific instruction. I suppose that's what will count in the end: i.e., figuring our which specific instruction is the right one.



No comments:

Post a Comment